Last Friday Sept 26, 2008:
It is the day before I work my last Clemson football game (I decided to quit making the trip due to the economy and my inability to find gas for my car). I took the day off from work (they owed me, I worked 16 hours on Labor Day).
My Plan, go meet Anthony McCaleb in Greenville SC for a round of golf and time with my friend.
1 - I wake-up to rain and go back to sleep, OVER SLEPT.
2 - Getting ready to leave, do the visual check of the car - FLAT TIRE!
3 - Go to Discount Tire where we bought them, they fix and rotate tires, ALWAYS pay for the extra warranty it pays for itself, I love you Discount Tire - did I mention I overslept, now I am REALLY LATE.
4 - I leave Discount Tire - not much gas in the tank - oops no gas in any tank in Mooresville, NC, I head toward Greenville anyway. Every station I pass has bags on the pumps, then a miracle, I see someone pumping gas, but I am confused, there are bags on the pumps. I pull in and ask the clerk if he has GAS (insert your own joke here), YEESSS I DOOOO in broken English, Unleaded only he says - hey don't you realize it's all unleaded moron, I almost say out loud - yes I know he meant Regular only.
In case you forgot I OVER-SLEPT! I am REALLY, REALLY LATE.
5 - I head toward Greenville - is that my stomach growling, ooh there's Hardee's a thick burger ought to do the trick- my brother taught me to special order all the time, that way you do not get the stuff sitting under the warmer, So, I do. Do you know how long it takes to get a thick burger special order? - WAY LATE NOW!
6- I make it to Gaffney SC, and call Anthony - I should be about 25 minutes:
Mud flying, water sprays, lady crashes from the North Bound lane of I-85 right in front of the Prime Outlet Mall, if not for the arresting cables, I would t-bone her as well as the guy beside me. We both stop immediately and rush to her aid as I dial 911. We talk to her through the shattered windshield and she thinks she has broken her shoulder, and she has cut up both hands pretty well, blood dripping everywhere. I ask her if it's OK to rip open her passenger door, it and the driver door took a beating, and since she was not wearing a seat belt she is now in the passenger seat. I dialed her husband for her on my phone and hold it to her ear so they can talk and we wait until HP and EMS arrive.
I think I'm going to be late to Greenville - whom am I kidding, I am REALLY, REALLY, REALLY LATE.
7 - I get to Greenville, meet Anthony, it's pouring rain, did I mention we were going to play golf?
8 - WE WILL NOT BE STOPPED! Anthony checks the weather on his Blackberry type phone - looks good in Commerce, GA. We tee off around 3:30pm and finish around 7:45pm to a gorgeous Sunset, we have proof, Anthony snapped a shot on his phone - are guys supposed to use the word gorgeous?
It was a Great Day! Next day I work the Clemson game, and Anthony and Michelle celebrate their wedding anniversary! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY GUYS!



2 comments:
Hey man,
It sounds like a day where you really need your "tilly." Where you wearing your "tilly?"
Jeff
Hey-
Are you related to Jeff? Only things like that happen to you guys!
Dawn
Post a Comment