Wednesday, August 26, 2009

What's been happening...

Well, it's been awhile since we've posted, so I just thought I'd give an update of what's been happening at the Rector household.  Lots of new things have been going on...

I started a new job.  For the first time in 17 years, I'm not working in an elementary school building!  I know, shocking.  I agreed to fill in for this year as the elementary instructional facilitator coach/coordinator for our school district.  Although I've been out of the classroom for 5 years, I was still able to see kids, talk with kids, and feel like I was making a difference for kids. Hopefully I'll get to spend enough time out in different schools that I won't miss kids too much!  We'll see...I'd still go back into the classroom tomorrow if I had to.  Love watching those kids grow and knowing I had something to do with it!

Cole has started a new middle school.  He decided he wanted to try one of the International Baccalaureate  schools our district opened up.  That boy already has his eyes on college!  I'm so proud of him. :)  He is loving being able to play baseball year-round this year and is practicing with a travel team that's started up.  He's really good and is like a coach on the field sometimes. He is a thinker when it comes to sports.

Eli is spending his last year in elementary school.  Hard to believe he's in 5th grade already! When we moved from Asheville he was only 4.  This is also the first year that I haven't been in school with at least one of my boys.  It's like being a kindergarten parent for the first time years later.  Eli is also a great baseball player and we're all trying to convince him to play on the team with Cole this fall.  He loves basketball, but is really good at baseball too.  I'm also really proud of him!

Kent is not involved in anything new right now, but is always looking for the next new thing to get into  He's been working on things around the house, like clearing our woods and playing with a bonfire here and there.  He is such a great dad and hubby!  We're enjoying this stage in the boys' lives a lot.  More independence, different kinds of fun, and lots of great talk together.  

We're attending a new church, The Cove, in Mooresville and are really liking it there.  God's starting to do a work in each of us, and in our family.  I'm excited to see what He's up to...

All in all, I still feel like God's not through doing his "new thing" with us.  I'm just taking one day at a time, waiting with anticipation to see where he leads us next.  

No comments: