Now every time something serious like this comes into my path, I know how I should react. I should say, "Thanks God for the opportunity to trust in you more. I can't wait to see how you're going to receive glory from this." But most always, my reaction is, "Oh no God. Why one more thing? When am I just going to be able to coast for awhile?" And then I plead for Him to help me and for everything to be o.k.
As I was driving to the hospital for the ultrasound, I was listening to my new Natalie Grant CD and the song "I Will Not Be Moved." There's a line in there that has stuck in my mind all day..."The hand I hold won't let me go and is the reason why...I will not be moved." Wow. Even when I let go of God's hand to hold on to my own circumstances, He never lets go of me. I don't deserve that, nor can I ever earn that from Him. Next time I'll try to remember to hold on, focus on him, and "Be still and know that (He) is God."
There was no blood clot by the way. Just another event that God (one of many lately) to get me to stop spinning my wheels on meaningless things and focus on Him. Whatever you face today, resolve to say "I Will Not Be Moved." Stick with God. He knows better than we do what He is doing.



2 comments:
Hey Kim-
So glad your leg is ok. No more scares!!! Or if you do, please let us know on your way to the doctor so we can be praying! :)
Love you! Have a great Friday!
Dawn
Dear Friend!! We will not be moved! I am so thankful that there was no clot!! Take good care of yourself and make those boys wait on you hand and foot just a little longer!! You deserve it!! Love you bunches and wish we were all closer (in distance)! I am so honored to call you friend!! :) Angela
Post a Comment