So I got this cool new iPod Touch for a Mother's Day/birthday surprise and am trying to fill it with all of my favorite music. I used it on my run yesterday (4 miles, by the way...big deal for me) and got stuck on Toby Mac. Love the whole CD, but couldn't get past these simple lyrics from "Yours"...
I'm Yours
Take me as I am
I'm Yours
So take this space between us and fill it up again
Take me as I am
I'm Yours
So take this space between us and fill it up again
I always thought that there's no way there could be space between me and God because, after all, I did ask Him into my heart and life, so He's as close as He could possibly be to me, right? Well, maybe not...The fact is, as much as I'd like to say that I hold God so close that nothing can come between us, there are times when I let a lot of space in between. The question is, what do I fill this space with? Stuff? Entertainment? Self? Family? Work? Worry? I could go on and on. I'm realizing that I need to ask God to fill up the space between us daily. I am not strong enough to keep that space between us clear of other "stuff", so I have to ask Him to do that.
Thanks Kent, Cole, & Eli for the iTouch. Thanks God for the lesson!



No comments:
Post a Comment